Wednesday, July 31, 2013

6:15 AM on a summer Wednesday.... WHAT....

Do you smell that smell??? It's the end of summer smell...
I woke up at 6:15 this morning in such a good mood! My husband is off for 6 days!!! We leave for Branson tomorrow with our kids!! Because my husband is home today I decided to take advantage of it and go to my classroom WITHOUT kids!!! For those of you teaching mammas, you know the importance of this. I started going to my classroom last week, but I always had my kids with me. And yes they love to come and "help" but the truth is you don't get much accomplished!!! So I am so excited to work kid free in my classroom today.
BONUS! My husband took them shopping in Wichita this morning.... So what did I do you might ask???!!! I made some pintrist posters!!
I got so tired of writing the "when finished"  choices on the board last. Then I saw this!! I had to make one and can't wait to laminate it and put it up in my classroom!! The pintrist poster said done, but I learned from my awesome mentor 2 years ago to tell the kiddos they are not done. Turkeys are done. Kids finish their work!! Love her!

I am so excited to have pen pals this year. This is something new to me. My 3rd Graders are going to write to a 2nd Grade class in our district. I made this poster to help them with their pen pal letters!! So fun!!

I actually made this last year. I just got it out so I could finally laminate it. I did get this off of pintrist too. I actually this a Thanksgiving lesson with this. I read a book, then the kids  wrote a paragraph about what they learned. I had them write each sentence on either green, yellow, or red paper. Depending on where the sentence was in the paragraph. So excited to do this lesson again. This time I want to incorporate it sooner in the school year. More fun!!

Now if you will excuse me I am off to work in my classroom WITHOUT my lovely children!!

No comments:

Post a Comment